Saturday, April 09, 2005

So, after the breath-taking views of Split, Croatia, I boarded a bus and headed south for Medjugorje. With so much traveling already, I could barely stay awake for the 4-hour trip. But, for the parts that I did, I got amazing views.

The best part about the bus ride is not pictured here-- and that part is the coastline of Croatia. I couldn't get a picture of it, since we were hurling up and down hills at ridiculous speeds. But, think of something like the northern California coastline-- only bigger. The hills jut right out of the ocean and sky up to 1000 feet, easy. One mountain had snow on it--and it was no more than a half-mile from the coast. Then, imagine some small towns nestled in the tight valleys, with a church steeple pointing in between. The coast was surreal-- I hope when I go back (and I will), I will be in a slower bus from which I can take some good pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home