Saturday, April 09, 2005

This is Behind the Scenes, Part III

It wasn't until I was in front of the Eucharist that I cried for John Paul II. I was in Medjugorje and at Eucharistic Adoration when I heard of his death. And I found it interesting that, as I was now without a Pope, the School of the Eucharist and the School of Mary had merged and I was sitting at both of them. John Paul had brought me, through his writings and love, to both. I cried now because my mentor and friend, a man who I truly looked up to, had to move on to something better. I was, in a way, a sheep without a shepherd.

I boarded a plane from Split, Croatia and arrived in Rome on Sunday night. After classes on Monday, I headed for Vatican City on Tuesday to thank the man who had given me so much. Millions of others joined me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home