Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Hans-Peter and the kids (Johannes pictured here in the lower right, smiling as always), took us to the train station to watch us take off. And as they stood there awaiting our departure, they each had a smile on their face (that’s Hans-Peter’s brother-in-law in the yellow). They each were genuinely happy with us having visited and with having gotten to share a few days with them. On many occasions, they had told us, “It is good to see young people alive in the faith.” Well, here, I must repeat a similar sentiment: “It is so good to see a whole family united by and so in love with the faith.”

I have never before seen such genuinely happy kids, such a genuinely happy family, and such an in-love husband and wife. To be so united, in faith and in love, is to truly be the seeds of any joy. As our train slowly departed from this place, from this glimpse of how things should be, from heaven (one might say), I couldn’t help but get a little choked up. As they genuinely extended themselves in generosity and in love to me, I found that I had begun to love this family. I was going to miss them.

My comfort: “Christians never say goodbye.” And why do they never say "goodbye"? Well, if we truly believe what our faith tells us about life after death, then we will certainly see each other again. May God grant that we all see each other again in heaven.

But, I’m hoping to see you again a little sooner than later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home