Friday, July 25, 2008

This Earns Us the Title: "Catholic Dorks"

A while ago, a good friend of mine said that I took the title of "Catholic Nerd" away from her when, as I first dawned my cassock, I had another good friend-- and a future seminarian-- take a picture of me and photoshop it such that it looked something like this:


(a take-off of the Matrix Movie poster-- you can find it here)

Anyway, today is the 40th anniversary of the promulgation of the encyclical and the perennial teaching of the Catholic Church, Humanae Vitae (do read it if you've never had the chance!). In celebration of this amazing document, we here at the Centro Cultural Interamericana decided-- or rather, Nick decided, and with our hearty approval-- to go out and buy a pastel por postre (that is, a cake for dessert). Mmmm, I cannot wait! Tres leches!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home