Tuesday, July 15, 2008

This is Not on ESPN

UPDATE! THIS IS ON ESPN!
This article provides more quotes from Chase, and is superior in every way to the previously posted article. In particular, this passage is amazing:


"I looked to strengthen my personal relationship with Christ. And when my personal life started to flourish, I couldn't turn my back on that relationship." ...

Although he has felt the calling for some time, Hilgenbrinck also knew it would be easier to continue playing soccer. He tried to convince himself that he was not ready, not deserving, or not in a hurry.

"I was putting up a bunch of barriers, saying I'm not worthy to be called to something like that," he said. "But, one by one, the barriers started to come down."

With a short window in which he will be able to play professional sports, he considered postponing the priesthood until after his career was over. But he decided with the same certainty that he could not allow himself to wait.


"Trust me, I thought of that," said Hilgenbrinck, who in his studies came across the saying, "Delayed obedience is disobedience."




Thanks to Ray back in the 'Lou for the original tip and the correction.

===========================
Original Post:
It's not every day that you hear about a professional soccer-player giving up his career on the best soccer team in the US in order to enter the Roman Catholic Priesthood. Check the story out here. Very cool! (Keep him in your prayers)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Ray said...

Well, it might not be on Sportscenter, but it is on ESPN. :) Thanks for posting this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home